In February of this year, I took a gigantic leap of faith, and in the midst of an already crazy busy life, I answered God’s call to a writing/speaking/blogging ministry. I am super excited and busy preparing for the Proverbs 31 Ministries’ She Speaks Conference. She Speaks is a speaking and writing conference in North Carolina that I am attending in mid-July with several hundred other women from across the country.
Please join me in prayer as I prepare for the conference. My first priority is my relationship with my Lord and ministering to my husband and children, then to friends, and everything else after. Keeping my priorities in order as a busy homeschool mom, chef, taxi driver, running a home with of boys, and taking Connor to therapy multiple times a week.
In the past month and a half, I started writing a Bible Study about being an Overcomer. I plan to pitch my Bible study in a book proposal to the publishers that I am meeting with at the conference. This is a whole new world for me, and there is so much to learn! The Lord has been faithful to walk me through each step of the way, and I am learning so much in the process.
In addition to all of the things I talked about above, I am also working on writing the Bible Study, a book proposal, and marketing materials. Since I am on the speaking track, I have also written a 5-minute message that will be critiqued in a group setting. I am planning to present that teaching to a few life groups at my church in the coming weeks, but I am scared to death to speak in front of people!! I would appreciate extra prayers as I work on overcoming this fear.
Whenever we step out in faith to do something for the Lord, the enemy sets his sights on trying to discourage or disrupt us. My husband compared my recent adventures to Frodo in The Lord Of The Rings. When Frodo and Sam are in Mount Doom in Mordor, to destroy the ring, and Frodo puts the ring on, the eye of Sauron becomes laser-focused on him, and destroying Frodo is all he desires. So it is with the adversary scheming to distract me from what God has called me to do.
Let me share a few things that have occurred in the past few weeks since I have been preparing for the conference:
- Chaos in our home caused by the Master Bedroom and Bathroom remodel
- Very expensive car problems on Jacob’s car and his loaner car
- Phantom phone software problems on my phone: My phone was sitting next to me on the table while I was working on my computer when all of a sudden maps opened up, and suddenly my full name and address appeared on my phone, then WordPress, Facebook, and email. It looked like someone was hacking my phone.
- The Transformer in backyard caught on fire. We lost power, and more importantly, A/C in 100 degrees plus weather!
- I fell on the concrete coming out of church on Sunday on my previously broken arms, scraped my hands and knee, and bruised my hip. Ouch!
- Woke up to a house full of water on our wood floor that will require extensive repairs
I’m not too sure what else will try to distract me in the coming weeks, but all of this makes me even more confident that I am doing exactly what the Lord wants me to do! I would so appreciate your prayers for my family and me in the coming weeks.
For more information about the conference, you can visit the conference website.