Today I am honored to share a story with you about a sweet friend of mine. My beautiful friend’s countenance is full of joy, and her smile radiates Jesus! We were together the other day, and as we sat across from one another and shared our hearts for the Lord and all that He is doing in our lives, tears streamed down her face. She said how can people know the joy of the Lord and not share it with others? Then she said, “why didn’t anyone ever tell me about Jesus?” My heart sank. What stops us from telling others about Jesus?

Why didn’t anyone ever tell me about Jesus?

That was the cry of my friend’s heart. She wondered why no one had ever shared the beautiful gospel message of hope in Jesus Christ with her before. She didn’t understand how someone could have this gift of faith and not share it. She didn’t become a Christian until adulthood and had come from a broken home marked by pain and suffering.

My friend was a corporate professional facing a difficult time in her life. She was searching for something but was coming up empty.

25698_The_Love

We have a God-shaped hole in our heart that only Jesus can fill!

Just then a young lady who worked for her approached her about attending a Bible Study. She anxiously drove across town to attend Bible Study. She didn’t even know what Bible Study was, but it was there while attending Bible Study that she gave her heart to the Lord and became a Christian.

My friend’s husband was hostile to the gospel. He did not want her to go to Bible Study. He thought she was joining a cult. When she returned home from Bible Study that evening, he had locked her out of her house! After many tears and crying out to the Lord eventually her husband surrendered his life to the call of Jesus too. This couple is now on fire for the Lord and raising their children in a Christian home.

How often do we fail to share our faith with others?

My friend had a valid point. Why and how did she walk around on this planet for over 30 years and never know about the saving redeeming love of Jesus Christ? Shame on us as Christians if we don’t tell others about Jesus. We have been given the greatest gift that has ever been given! How can we keep it for ourselves, and not share?

Sometimes I think we don’t share because we are afraid, or we are not sure what to say.

However, Jesus tells us not to fear and reassures us that the Holy Spirit will give us words to share when we don’t know what to say or how to pray. We are all called to share the love of Christ with the world and should always be prepared to share the hope with us.

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect – 1 Peter 3:15

There are hurting and lost people all around us who need the hope of the gospel. I love what Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church,

” we are not waiting on a move of God, we are a move of God”!

My Pastor David Fleming of Champion Forest Baptist Church says,”know, grow, go”.  Once we know the love and saving the grace of Christ, and we grow in wisdom and maturity through reading and studying the word, and through prayer, then we need to go tell others. We are called to Move Toward the Mess.

What are we waiting for?

Like my friend, Debi Chapman said at the Refresh Gathering, what we do matters. Christian friend, we need to be busy about our Father’s work. The church needs us to move and share the love of Christ with others now. It is time for us to go. What are we waiting for?

This week I challenge you to invite a friend, a neighbor, or even a stranger to a church service or Bible Study, or better yet tell them about the hope that lies within you. Find a way to share how Jesus has changed your life and in doing so you could change someone’s eternity.

I would love to hear about how you are sharing your Faith with others.

Linking up with the following.

Missional Women

christian-marriage-motherhood-1

button-125px

Woman to Woman Ministries

What Joy Is Mine

Messy Marriage

Live Free Thursday

Moments of Hope

1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I really needed to read it today!

Liked by 1 person

1. Morgan, I am so glad that this was a blessing to you! Thank you for commenting and I pray the Lord’s blessings over you today! Be brave and share the love of Jesus with someone today! ❤️️ Misty

2. Yes, yes, yes! We are commissioned to go and make disciples, and yet so often we miss out on opportunities to share the Good News! In college I was encouraged to share my faith actively for the first time, and now that I’m a new stay at home mom I’m seeking to do the same but am figuring out what it will look like. I’m hoping to use hospitality to invite friends and to talk about the hope we have in Christ. Thanks for this exhortation!

1. Hi Dani! Hospitality is a wonderful way to bring people into your home, and share the love of Christ! Share your desire with the Lord to tell others about Him, and He will provide you with opportunities! Thank you visiting today. Blessings to you! ❤

3. lorraine hibbert 02/27/2017 at 12:44 pm

Hey Misty

Because I get really nervous sharing the gospel with others God has made it easy for me. HE puts people in my path dealing with issues HE has already brought me through. So I just share how AMAZING HE was in helping me and that HE is there to help them as well. WE SERVE AN AWESOME GOD!!!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi! Lorraine, you are so right God is faithful to put people in our path for us to encourage and share with, we just need to have faith and be willing vessels. So thankful for the love of Jesus! Thank you for sharing and be blessed today! ❤️️

4. Such a beautiful testament! Thanks for sharing this 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Kristen! Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed reading this today! Blessings, ❤ Misty

5. helloleahgrey 02/28/2017 at 10:25 pm

This is true. I tend to shy away from “witnessing” unless I see interest. I’m learning to listen to the nudges when God says to speak. There are times witnessing is very unwanted but it doesn’t mean we didn’t still plant a little seedling. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. We can witness by our love, for my friend, it was just a simple question: “Would you like to go to Bible Study with me?” Sometimes I think we can over think things. You are so right, some plant, some water. It is our job to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, shine our light for Jesus, and trust God with the results. ❤

6. This is a very important topic that I feel churches don’t really talk about – being fearful about sharing Jesus. We truly live in times where it is crucial to lead people to the cross. It’s a matter of life and death. Thank you

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Tania, thanks for your encouraging comment. We are in an all out culture war of good against evil, and we need to boldly proclaim light in an ever increasingly dark world.

7. Thank you for sharing this Misty. I have been challenged! I may write about my faith and Jesus but I’m not very good sharing one-on-one with people.

Liked by 1 person

1. Rachel, Thank you for your input on my blog! I find it easy to share to my faith online and or share my testimony with a friend, but I also find it challenging to tell people I don’t know well about Jesus. I am becoming more sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

8. This resonates; I had a similar experience in HS. She was considered the bad girl and she met Jesus, and I think she asked me the same question. I was convicted to my core. I still remember the feeling.
    It made me realize I have something worth sharing and I’m going to share it. It’s also one of the many reasons I blog.

9. That is wonderful. We just never know who we will affect by our love and our words! Shine bright your light today and blessings on your blog! What is the name of your blog, I would love to check it out.

10. What a great video of the gospel message. Love that. — Your friend’s story is heartbreaking. And yet, commonplace. sigh. I’m guilty as well. I think I live the gospel message fairly well, but I’m bad about overtly witnessing to strangers. Thank you for the reminder to put my big girl pants on and share the best gift I’ve ever been given. ((hug)) Thanks for sharing with #ChasingCommunity today! — I was here a few times last night getting the your site link and making sure it worked, but didn’t have a chance to stop and read. So glad I was able to come back and read today! Blessed by you, friend. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much Brenda! Glad it spoke to you! I had fun playing with some new video software and hope to make more videos soon! Hugs to you sweet friend! Blessings, Misty ❤️

11. So true! People are broken and searching for hope.
    Seven years ago we moved into our neighborhood and just two houses down was a family with kids the same age as ours. I used to walk by their house praying that God would provide and opportunity. Gradually we got to know one another. After several years I started a bible study with childcare and they started coming. And now the family is attending a Bible believing church! I love how God works!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes! My prayer this morning is that I would love the people well that God puts in front of me, and by doing so that they would know the love of Christ. I love that you would pray when you walked by their house. I wonder how many more doors would open to the gospel if we were more intentional about reaching out to those around us. Thank you! ❤️️

12. Love the quote about being the move of God. We often forget that God chooses to work through people, and that includes us. Linking with you at Grace and Truth today from GingerHarrington.com

1. Ginger, HI! So nice to link up with you on Grace & Truth! Misty 🙂

13. Love the picture and the quote. Thanks for the challenge done in a very encouraging way!

1. Thank you, Crystal!

14. Yes, what are we waiting for! I believe the more we hesitate, the more important the opportunity is.
    I really love the images you choose for your post. Powerful and really engaging! Happy Wednesday!
    #MessyMarriages Link Up neighbor!
    Megs

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi! Meg, Thank you so much!! I look forward to checking out your blog! Have a fantastic day ❤ Misty

Liked by 1 person

15. We do have the kind of hope that will never die, because Jesus is alive and His truth stands. So why are we afraid to share? Thank you for sharing the story of your friend. When I was young, I think I was afraid to share, thinking I wouldn’t know what to say. But over the years God has been so faithful. While I don’t necessarily go door to door, I do try to be a witness for Him wherever I go and whatever I do. I know I fail sometimes, but God is faithful and He will give us the words to say if we will just listen, believe and obey.

Blessings to you! I’m your neighbor at #MomentsofHope.

Liked by 1 person

16. Great blog with so much truth in how we share the Gospel with others!

17. […] Now that we have experienced the great love and forgiveness of Jesus, we should tell as many as we can about the good news of Jesus Christ. I recently wrote about an experience my friend had in Why didn’t anyone ever tell me about Jesus? […]