“ALL THAT I AM or hope to be I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln

Happy Mother’s day to all of the moms out there. There is no other name on earth more precious than MOTHER! From rocking babies to kissing boo-boo’s, Mothers, we have a tremendous duty and responsibility before us to love and nurture our children and to train them in the way that they should go.

love-2062673_1920

Mother, do you know that you have the ability to change the world by raising your young people to love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul! Countless generations are affected by the prayers of a righteous mother. When you teach your child to pray, love Jesus and serve others, you never know how God will multiply that mustard seed of faith.

I have read countless stories of great men and women throughout history and the impact their mothers had on them. For instance, Abraham Lincoln’s mother impacted the Kingdom of God and future generations because she taught her children to pray, love and seek Jesus.

Referring to Sir Issac Newton, Jabez Burns says in Golden Thoughts of Mother, Home, & Heaven the following.

“But Newton, though not blessed with learned parents, possessed a devout and Christian mother, whose sole aim and study was to sow the seeds of piety and virtue in his mind, and whose tender care preserved to us, under God’s blessing, one destined to be the glory of his country, and his race.”

I know that wiping noses, changing diapers, scrubbing toilets, teaching, training, carpooling, and doing laundry are not glamorous jobs, but what you do in your homes and for your family has eternal consequences. How you raise your children today is more critical than ever before! The world needs the light of Christ to shine boldly and brightly through our children even more as our world grows ever increasingly dark.

bag-gypsofilia-seeds-1716747_1920

Mother, your children are watching you. Be careful about how you live, because your little eyes and ears are always watching and listening. Children do what you do, not what you say. For example, if you tell your kids not to do something, but you do that very thing, they will perceive you as a hypocrite. For example, if you tell your kids not to smoke, but you smoke. Your words must line up with your actions.

Moms, be careful to make wise choices. Do your children see you praying and reading your Bible? Do you pray with your children? Do they watch you serve others? You will provide a nurturing home for your children when you live your faith out in front of them, day in and day out.  “You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 11:19 ESV

shutterstock_366965483

My husband’s mother was an incredible example to me as a young wife. Read more about her influence on me in 5 Things Gigi Taught Me.

When my boys were young, we were a part of our church’s homeschool group, Harvest Christian Schools. Galatians 6:9 was the scripture our group was founded on, and over the years it has brought me so much hope.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.- Galatians 6:9 ESV

So hang in there momma. Keep up the good work! What you do matters.  You will reap a harvest if you don’t grow weary and don’t give up.

Have a Blessed Mother’s Day!

christian-marriage-motherhood-1

Moments of Hope

By His Grace: Seek Jesus, Study the Word, Grow in Grace
Bible Study Author, Christian Lifestyle Blogger, & Speaker
www.MistyPhillip.com

1. Being a good mom is not without challenge, and sometimes doing the best you can is not enough.

1. Hi! Lulu, Thanks for your comment today. Motherhood is not for the faint-hearted! All we can do is do our best and pray. Blessings, Misty

2. makinghermama 05/09/2017 at 1:48 am

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! It was well timed, as words of wisdom usually are 🙂

1. Thank you so much! I am glad you found it to be helpful! What you do as a Mom matter. You are a difference maker and life giver to your little ones. ❤️ misty

1. makinghermama 05/09/2017 at 2:07 pm

Thanks Misty 🙂 Motherhood is such a challenging and rewarding gift and I wouldn’t trade it for the world!!

3. So true! Thank you for the reminder and encouragement.

1. Audrey, I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day! Blessings, Misty

4. lorraine hibbert 05/09/2017 at 8:54 am

This was a GREAT blog Misty. Thanks for sharing. I thought being a MOM was the greatest thing ever. But now I’m a (LOLO) grandmother and that tops everything–❤️👶🏽

1. Hi! Lorraine, Thank you! Being a mom is pretty great, and I look forward to having grandbabies in the future! I love the name LOLO for grandmother. You are adorable! <3 Misty

5. Yes! What a wonderful message and reminder that what we mommies do truly does matter. Everything we do effects our babies and we should make sure it is always positive and God-centered!

1. Hi! Thank you! Take lots of pictures and enjoy your babies, they grow fast! Blessings, Misty

6. Being a mom is the best job ever; I just forget it sometimes. Now as I watch my daughters become moms I quickly reminded of how important this role is!

My mom has been gone for 7 years now and I miss her more than ever!!

1. Hi! Laura, Thanks so much for sharing! My Mom has been gone for 5 years, and husbands mom has been gone for 4 years. We have to cherish the time we have with one another because we just never know how long we have. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
      <3 Misty

7. Wonderful encouraging posts for moms. We always need it 😉

1. Thank you!! Have a blessed Mother’s Day! <3 Misty

8. Thanks so much for these encouraging words. Beautifully written!

1. It is my privilege! Blessings ❤️

9. Motherhood matters to God. What we are doing is a blessing to Him and to the next generation. Thanks for the encouragement. It’s hard to remember what we are doing is important when we are changing dirty diapers!

1. Hi! One Determined Life, Yes, Motherhood matters! Hope you have a refreshing Mother’s Day! <3 Misty

10. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely, encouraging, and uplifting post with us at Hearth and Soul. You raise some wonderful points, and I so agree that mothers do such an important job. Happy Mother’s Day!

1. April, Thanks so much! Be blessed today! 🌸

11. So encouraging Misty! Thank you for this☺️ Happy to share it:)

1. Thanks so much, Gretchen! ❤️ Misty

12. Yes, what we mothers do certainly matters, and it matters for a lifetime! You are speaking my heart!! Your site pics are beautiful!

1. Crystal, Thanks so much! I hope you had a blessed Mother’s Day! <3 Misty

13. Thank you for your encouragement and this much needed message!