Hi! Friends, Happy November! We have finally had our first cold snap here in Texas. The leaves are falling off the trees, pumpkin spice everything is available in the stores, and Halloween has come and gone. The holiday season is upon us as we look forward to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year!

This is my absolute favorite time of year! I love to celebrate Thanksgiving because I have so much to be grateful for in Christ! As Thanksgiving passes, we are ushered into the Christmas Season which is all about the Christ child, Jesus Christ, who came to earth to ransom us, save us from our sins and restore us to God.

Thanksgiving still life with cornucopeia and candles

After Christmas, we look forward to the New Year! A time to access the past year, a fresh start an opportunity for new beginnings. A look ahead to things in store for the next year.

If anyone you have been with me for awhile, you know that I love the Lord and strive to be the woman that God has called me to be and part of that calling for my life is to be a wife, mom, and homemaker. But I also love the holidays and all that it entails!!

place setting for thanksgiving

One of the reasons why I love this time of year is because I get to invite friends and family into my home and share my gift of hospitality, express myself in new and creative ways through trying new recipes and sprucing up my house with holiday decor in the changing of the seasons.

I am a foodie, love to decorate my home, and all things sparkly and floral.  I am almost finished decorating for the holidays and will put together a holiday home tour video for you! If you like this sort of thing you may want to check out some of these posts from last year for some holiday inspiration.

Thanksgiving Preparations!

Holiday Candied Nuts

Dreaming of the Holidays

More Christmas Inspiration!

This year I have a created a free e-book to help inspire you and provide some of my best tips to help you enjoy the Holiday of Your Dreams free to all of my blog subscribers!!!

Sign up to receive your free copy click the link in the sidebar if you are on a computer or at the bottom of the page if you are on a mobile device to access the ebook Enjoy The Holiday of Your Dreams in Four Easy Steps.

Holiday-Giveaway

I can’t wait to share all of the good things about the holidays with you from now until the end of the year! I will still share words of encouragement and will continue to do book reviews. I have some fantastic books to tell you about in the coming weeks that would make great Christmas gifts!

Christmas gingerbread cookies with ingredients for cooking

Christmas food. Homemade gingerbread cookies with ingredients for Christmas cooking and kitchen utensils on wooden table, top view

Do you have any holiday plans yet or a favorite holiday tradition? I would love to hear your holiday plans and any hints you have to make the holidays full of joy and free of stress!

SL_button-3

Crystal Twaddell

By His Grace: Seek Jesus, Study the Word, Grow in Grace
Bible Study Author, Christian Lifestyle Blogger, & Speaker
www.MistyPhillip.com

1. Thanks for this…your enthusiasm and delight of the holidays ignited something in me that’s been dormant for a while. Holidays are challenging for me for a number of reasons. Lately I find myself longing for solitude…I will check out your book! Blessings to you.

1. Misty Phillip 11/08/2017 at 3:25 pm

Thanks so much! Over the years the holidays have been quite challenging for me as well! My mother in law died a few days after thanksgiving one year and my mom died between Christmas and the New Year another and the holidays have been hard for various other the reasons, but this year I choose to embrace the holiday season with joy in my heart and a smile on my face! Hope you enjoy the e-book and find quiet moments of refreshment in the upcoming Holiday Season!

2. kbraswell1187 11/08/2017 at 5:08 pm

I look forward to reading more! We won’t make it “home” for Thanksgiving this year. However, we will be spending the holiday at the family beach cottage. I love the bells and whistles of Thanksgiving, but I’m looking forward to keeping it simple(I don’t mind not having tons of dishes). We will spend quality time as a little family. <3

1. Misty Phillip 11/08/2017 at 5:10 pm

That sounds simply divine! Blessings to you and your family! ❤️

3. Blessings Misty
    Always great to meet up with you on your post. Love the images. Yes my favorite time of the year is certainly the last 3 months of the year. So much to be grateful for.

1. Misty Phillip 11/08/2017 at 10:56 pm

Hi! Lureta, Thanks so much! Hope you find some holiday inspiration and have the Holiday of Your Dreams! 💕

4. Beautiful photos, Misty! Can’t wait to read this great series!

5. Misty, I need some of this excitement to drip onto me. I need this kind of series, if I’m being honest. I need to lighten my heart and lean-into the holiday season. Thanks for sharing! xoxo

1. Misty Phillip 11/09/2017 at 1:35 pm

Hi! Brenda, Lean in and embrace the holidays. Your boys are growing fast and you want to create some beautiful family memories that you all will cherish long after they are grown 💕 blessings

6. I love this time of year! I’ll have to check out your book, I need some holiday inspiration. 🙂

1. Misty Phillip 11/09/2017 at 8:31 pm

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you find inspiration here!! Blessings, Misty

7. Glad to hear someone else is as excited as me for the holidays – without skipping Thanksgiving! Excited to take it all in…and celebrate God’s goodness and provision.

8. Your book sounds awesome!! We always make some cute little rice krispie turkeys on Thanksgiving. And the last few years during the month of November I have hosted an Instagram challenge called #onemonthofthankfulness, it is so helpful in giving me new perspective and reminding me to have a thankful spirit.

1. Misty Phillip 11/13/2017 at 7:17 pm

Hi! Rebekah,
      Sounds like you have some fun traditions! Are you doing your Instagram challenge again this year? We have so much to be grateful for and you are right keeping a record of everything we are thankful for is a wonderful practice!! Blessings, Misty

9. This is such a great planning resource! I just posted about my favorite Thanksgiving-necessary kitchen gadgets to make all the cooking and hosting that much easier! https://areweadultsyetblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/the-kitchen-gadgets-you-need-for-thanksgiving/

1. Misty Phillip 11/14/2017 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for joining in the conversation! 😊

10. I love this time of year too! I can’t wait to start decorating for Christmas. 🙂 And I also can’t wait to eat all of the great Thanksgiving and Christmas food! Your pictures are gorgeous, by the way. Looking forward to more posts!

1. Misty Phillip 11/14/2017 at 4:53 pm

Hi Kaycee, If you become a subscriber you will have access to my Holiday ebook! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas and a blessed New Year too! 💕