Life is a lot like a roller coaster ride filled with excitement a little scary and when you least expect it you soar sky high then plunge down into great depths followed by a series of twists and turns. Last week was quite a ride for me!

My week began at a gathering of women to pray, worship and hear a word of encouragement. The evening was orchestrated intentionally to invite us into the presence of the Lord in a very tangible way. Between praising with my arms outstretched wide and my soul eager for a touch from God, I hit the floor and cried out to Jesus to do what only he could do for me. Little did I know at the time how desperately I needed that time.

Valentine’s day is sandwiched in between my mom’s birthday and Peter’s mom’s birthday which made it super convenient to remember their birthdays when they were alive. But now that they are gone it makes for a somber week of remembrance.

On Valentine’s Day, I sent my first manuscript off to the editor for review. Releasing a book to someone is much like birthing a baby. It is a labor of love filled but comes with all kinds of emotions. Since my manuscript was due on Wednesday, we decided to celebrate on Friday evening. My husband Peter and I had a transcendent evening gazing at one another in love celebrating 25 years of Valentine’s Days together, complete with the best meal I think I have ever eaten in my entire life.

Thrown in with the gamut of highs and lows this week was regular life stuff, like dishes, laundry, school, work, grocery shopping, meals, exercise and shuttling kids.

Sometimes it is hard to find space to grieve or rest in this crazy world we live in, but it is crucial for our souls to find peace and solace to make sense of life. Making time to escape the daily grind and get alone with God to pray is imperative. Even Jesus had to break away from the crowds and get alone so he could pray.

But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray. Luke 5:16 ESV

Rounding out the end of this week I had the pleasure of gathering with a group of women in my home who are walking through different seasons in life, some are going through deep waters and others who feel like a mess and are in need of a special touch from the Lord. We have all been there. We are all busy, so we compartmentalize the problematic stuff and keep moving on. Life is hard and at times it can be soul crushing!

Find Peace for Your Weary Soul

I looked one woman straight in the eyes and told her what I wish someone would have been brave enough to say to me at various times in my life when things were spinning out of control and I felt like a complete mess. “Go get flat on your face before the Lord and pray and don’t get up until you have peace because He is the only one who can change you!”

As women, we lead hectic lives often caring for everyone but ourselves. Although, we can’t care for anyone else well if we don’t first make time to get alone to a quiet place and do the soul work necessary to care for ourselves.

Cast your cares friend, because He cares for you!

1. Lovely post, Misty. Shared on Pinterest and Twitter. Happy almost-weekend to you!

1. Misty Phillip 02/22/2018 at 10:50 am

Thanks so much Sarah!! Blessings to you friend! 💕

2. Praise the Lord for bringing you through this roller-coaster week! This is great advice, to spend some time in quietness with the Lord. If even Jesus felt the need to get alone in the quiet with His Father, we REALLY need to do the same!

1. Misty Phillip 02/22/2018 at 1:23 pm

Yes friend! Praise the Lord, He is faithful to help us through whatever we are going through. Thanks for joining in the conversation today. 🙌 misty

3. Yes, we need to make time to be alone with Father. Jesus is our great example whom we should follow. Thank you for this post!

1. Misty Phillip 02/22/2018 at 1:11 pm

Hi! Cindy, thanks for visiting today! 😊

4. Wonderful words Misty, I have been writing about rest. And you are so right about being about being on your face, it can get ugly with tears but He is the only hope.

1. Misty Phillip 02/22/2018 at 8:29 pm

Thanks so much!! He is our only hope!! Blessings, Misty

5. Such a lovely post Misty! I’m so grateful that in times of weariness we can find rest in the arms of our loving Father. Blessings lovely Sister.

1. Misty Phillip 02/22/2018 at 8:28 pm

Amen! Sister, hope all is well with you!! Be blessed 💕

6. […] Misty Phillip shared her need to withdraw to a quiet place…just like Jesus did. May it be a bi… […]

7. Some much needed encouragement and truth!!

1. Misty Phillip 02/25/2018 at 6:14 pm

Thanks so much Jenn!! Be blessed today 💕

8. Donna Miller 02/23/2018 at 9:18 am

What an encouraging post! Yes, finding rest in the Lord is so important! TY for your beautiful post! ❤

1. Misty Phillip 02/25/2018 at 8:54 pm

Hi! Donna, Thanks so much for your sweet comments! May Jesus shine His face on you!! 💕

9. Thank you for the reminder that only God can give us the peace our souls long for.

1. Misty Phillip 02/25/2018 at 6:08 pm

Thank you!! 🙌

10. Love love love! I’m gonna go get flat on my face right now! XO

1. Misty Phillip 02/25/2018 at 6:09 pm

Blessings to you Liz!!! 💕

11. Laura Thomas 02/25/2018 at 5:10 pm

Love this, Misty! Rest is SO important for our souls as well as our bodies. Thanks for sharing 🙂 Stopping by from #freshmarketfriday

1. Misty Phillip 02/25/2018 at 6:08 pm

Thanks Laura!! 💕

12. Thank you for the reminder to seek quiet. I often run so hard, I don’t take the time

1. Misty Phillip 02/27/2018 at 7:17 am

😊

13. Beautiful reminder for everyone!

14. Great words, Misty! Jesus rested but somehow we get off thinking we don’t have to… it’s kinda funny! 🙂

1. Misty Phillip 03/01/2018 at 8:40 am

Hi! Sarah,

It is kinda funny, but when we travel through life at break neck speed without pausing to cast our cares, it will eventually catch up with us and it won’t be pretty.

Only Jesus can heal our hurts and give us peace!

Blessings, Misty

15. This is so true. We cannot pour from an empty cup! We need to get still before the Lord on a regular basis. Thank you for sharing!

1. Misty Phillip 03/19/2018 at 10:43 pm