I just got back from visiting Franklin, Tennessee which is an idyllic Norman Rockwell kind of historic downtown outside of Nashville and couldn’t wait to tell you all about it!  Franklin is the home of the flagship Philanthropy Clothing store and the brand new Philanthropy Home store.

Philanthropy Home

Philanthropy Home

From the moment you walk into one of the Philanthropy stores, you can instantly sense that there is something different about their stores. You may find similar merchandise in other stores, but what sets Philanthropy apart is the heart of its founder Christina Martin. She is a kingdom-minded woman whose passion is to honor and serve the Lord well through her business which happens to be clothing and home goods stores. However, you will often hear her say, “It is not about the clothes!”. In fact, I have heard her say on more than one occasion that it is not about the clothes. She is a mission-minded woman with a heart that loves Jesus and loves people!

Philanthropy Home

Philanthropy Home

Philanthropy began as a way to try to help infuse life into a dying downtown and give back to the community but has become so much more! Philanthropy is a family oriented business with Christ being the head of the family. While Philanthropy is a retail business the heart of philanthropy is a ministry, and the countenance of Christina and her employees all radiated Jesus.

Philanthropy Home

Philanthropy Home

I love the way Christina incorporates old world design with contemporary elements and a comfortable farmhouse flair. With worship music playing throughout the stores an atmosphere is set that is a feast for your senses with much attention given to every detail.

Prayer is foundational to Philanthropy and everything they do, they have incorporated prayer walls and prayer chapels complete with stain glassed windows where shoppers are encouraged to leave a prayer request and pray for the needs of others.

Philanthropy Home

Philanthropy Home

While I was there I sat down and interviewed Christina for my podcast, and I can not wait to share it with you! The By His Grace podcast will be launching later this summer so stay tuned for details.

If you are ever in the Nashville area, be sure to check out Historic Downtown Franklin and visit both the Philanthropy Home store and flagship clothing store. While you are there stop by the chapel and leave a prayer request and take time to pray for others.

Thanks for visiting By His Grace today if you need prayer please leave a comment below and I would love to pray for you!

Much Love,

Misty Phillip_Script_Logo

1. Wow!! It sounds amazing and the pictures are gorgeous! But what captures my heart the most in this post is that this is a christ centered business, that is absolutely beautiful!!

1. Misty Phillip 06/11/2018 at 10:28 pm

Hey Carmen, The store is gorgeous, but you are right the heart of Philanthropy is that it is a Christ centered business that wants to honor God and love people. You can visit them online at Philanthropy.com <3

2. What a neat place! May God bless them in their work in the kingdom. Have a great day, Misty!

1. Misty Phillip 06/13/2018 at 1:25 pm

Thanks Kelly!

3. Thanks for the heads up!! WereW not far from Nashville and I’ve been wanting to go there. I’ll definitely have to check that out!

1. Misty Phillip 06/13/2018 at 1:25 pm

Hey Tia! You will have to check it out!!

4. This looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us. I have seen a couple of stores with Christ as the motive for ministry and it is such a pleasure to shop there.

1. Misty Phillip 06/14/2018 at 7:23 pm

Hey Gretchen,

My words don’t do it justice! It is absolutely beautiful and the clothing store has a gorgeous chapel in the middle of the store.

If you are ever in Franklin, TN then you will have to check it out!

Misty 🙂

5. Donna Miller 06/14/2018 at 6:24 pm

We were just there! The store is beautiful! I loved the chapel in the middle of the clothing store! It was gorgeous! My daughter lives in Franklin and the town is so wonderful! ❤

1. Misty Phillip 06/14/2018 at 7:21 pm

Hi!
      Donna, you are absolutely right! I love that chapel!! They did a fantastic job with both the new flagship clothing and the home store!

It is such a quaint little town. ❤️

So glad that y’all got to visit the store!

Blessings, Misty

6. […] Hey friends! How is your summer going? Mine is going great so far! The boys and I took a road trip and went to visit my friends in Franklin, TN. While we were there we got to check out the Philanthropy Flagship store and Home Store. If you missed that post be sure to check it out Philanthropy Home. […]

7. We are from Franklin Indiana and stayed in Franklin for 3 nights the week before your post. We were just checking out all of the stores and came upon Philanthropy. It was amazing and so beautiful. Of course, I wanted to buy everything in the store since we just built a house. But after I heard their story and mission, I loved the stores even more. I left a prayer in the chapel and prayed too. I told my husband that I wanted to get some of our lights from them so we could help such an awesome cause! We got an amazing light for our home and I can’t wait to return to Franklin. It is such a friendly peaceful town.
    God is good and I am thankful for this store!

1. Misty Phillip 06/18/2018 at 12:55 pm

Hi Leslie! It Franklin, TN the sweetest little town? Isn’t the prayer chapel so cool?Congratulations on your new home!! I am so glad that you found some lights for your home! I found a few treasures for my house while I was there too! Thanks for your sweet comments. Blessings, Misty

8. What a gorgeous environment! I can’t wait to have a listen to your podcast! I didn’t even realize you had one, Misty! I’m zipping over there right now!

Thanks so much for joining me at #MomentsofHope! ♥

Lori

1. Misty Phillip 06/20/2018 at 5:12 pm

Hey Lori,
      Thanks for your enthusiasm! I just recorded my first episode, but the podcast won’t launch until later this fall. I will keep you posted on a launch date.

Blessings 💕

9. What a beautiful place. I haven’t heard of Philanthropy before so I’m glad to learn of it here. I’ve visited Franklin a few times and agree that it is a lovely town.

1. Misty Phillip 06/21/2018 at 2:19 pm

Hi! If you find yourself back in Franklin, you have to visit philanthropy. There is really other place like it! They are one of the most kingdom minded fashion and home decor stores. ❤️ misty