Misty Phillip sits down with Dave Kubal from Intercessors for America ministry organization in a series of interviews recorded during the National Religious Broadcasters media convention. Misty welcomes Dave back to the By His Grace to discuss their work with Intercessors for Ukraine.
Over a million refugees are fleeing Ukraine. A friend gave Dave the idea to deliver one million meals within 12 days from idea to food delivery. We talk about praying for Ukraine and sending 1,000,000 nutritious pre-packaged meals to war-torn Ukraine. We talk about collaborating for the Kingdom. Intercessors of America works with Intercessors for Ukraine and several other key organizations to pray and send relief to Ukraine.
About Dave Kubal
Dave Kubal is CEO/President of Intercessors for America, a massive grassroots organization uniting citizens to pray and then take action on the issues confronting America. Equipping Christians to engage and speak truth into the critical cultural debates of our day, Kubal is a nationally-recognized faith leader serving as a faith advisory member to former President Trump and on the National Day of Prayer Task Force.
With over 35 years of national ministry experience, Kubal is a seminary-trained ordained pastor and former Vice President with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Kubal has appeared on Real America’s Voice, Newsmax, Victory News, Water Cooler with David Brody, FlashPoint, NTD Television, CBN, etc. He is the author of Inspired Prayers and Fasting, published in Washington Times, Newsmax, Fox News, Stream.org, and other print and online publications. Kubal has also been a featured speaker at national conferences and events, from The Western Conservative Summit to NFL Chapels. Kubal and his family reside in the greater Washington, D.C. area.
Intercessors for America
Intercessors for America was founded in 1973. God impressed upon the hearts of a group of godly, respected men the necessity of prayer and fasting. The nation was experiencing a plethora of problems. At a teaching conference in Florida, a group of Christians focused on “prayer for the nations.” Challenged by the conference leaders Derek Prince and Ern Baxter’s fresh and extraordinary teachings, a half dozen men were chosen to steward the prayer movement and fast for the nation. This group would become Intercessors for America.
The average Christian does not have the contacts, time, or energy to keep informed about most national, state and local issues. More and more, some of these issues appear to deny our freedoms. Others undermine the basic moral fiber of our country. With each emerging concern, we need to seek God’s intervention and guidance for our leaders.
According to national studies, 83% to 90% of Christians pray weekly. As God intervenes and works in the hearts of His people, we must continue to unite and encourage believers in effective prayer and fasting for America.
God’s Word instructs us to pray regularly for those in authority over us. According to I Timothy 2:1-4:
“I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.” (New Living Translation)
Intercessors for America inform, connect, and mobilize intercessors to pray for our nation and leaders. We desire to reach Christians in churches and communities nationwide with information and tools to unite them in effective prayer.
Intercessors for America Goals?
News, Prayer, & Action
- To inform praying Christians about national, state, and local prayer concerns
- To connect Christians moved to intercessory prayer with like-minded intercessors
- To grow and mobilize the number of Christians regularly interceding on federal, state, and local issues
Inform, Connect, & Mobilize
To inform, connect, and mobilize intercessors, IFA publishes materials and provides the following resources from its headquarters in Purcellville, Virginia:
- Monthly prayer letters – A First Friday Prayer Letter helps unite and focus Christians as individuals and groups in prayer and fasting. The letter is written from a biblical perspective; the letter contains timely national reports, accounts of revival and answered prayer, inspirational and informative teachings, and provides a First Friday Prayer Focus. Fasting is encouraged during the First Friday observance as a biblical way of humility and intensifying our prayers.
- Weekly prayer alerts – The Informer is sent via e-mail three times weekly. These alerts outline critical issues in our nation’s capital and monitor foreign fronts and national emergency matters. Upon request, the alert is supplied to individuals, churches, groups, and organizations. Special alerts are also sent as needs arise.
Meals for Ukraine
Hot, nutritious meals are not only physically needed but also emotionally. UkaineMeals.com will utilize MercyChefs for the hot meal initiative. The benefits of prepackaged meals are:
- Healthy meals with a two-year shelf-life;
- Very easy to cook – just boil in water;
- High volume of meals make nutrition very affordable (.30 per meal);
- Packaging in boxes are easily distributed by churches and ministries closest to those in need;
- Meals are small and easily packed for families to carry with them.
The distribution plan:
- MercyChefs will deliver to refugees in a prepackaged bag of six meals;
- Intercessors for America will distribute through their network at Intercessors for Ukraine;
- CityServe will distribute through CityServe Europe and Pentecostal Union of Romania and the Assemblies of God denomination;
- Revival Ministry International will distribute through their network.
All donations for UkraineMeals.com will provide funds for this project – purchase, and distribution of food – and will receive a tax-deductible receipt from Intercessors for America (IFA). This collaborative effort utilizes IFA as the collection point of funds. Full disclosure of funds will be shared with partners to treat all resources with transparency and integrity. 100% of the funds collected will be held in a separate account and used only for the UkraineMeals.com project.
Listen in to learn how you can pray for Ukraine and get involved in providing nutritious meals for Ukraine.
Thanks for listening to the By His grace podcast. Please listen to this episode and share it with your friends.