On this episode of By His Grace, I interview Ginny Owens. Ginny became a household name as the Gospel Music Association’s 2000 New Artist of the Year. Growing in notoriety as both a singer and a songwriter, winning 3 Dove awards and multiple ASCAP Awards along the way, Owens has sold over a million records over the course of her career. A top performer on the Christian radio charts with hits like “If You Want Me To,” “Free” and “I Wanna Be Moved” among others, Owens has released no less than 11 full albums and 3 EPs, and her music has also impacted mainstream audiences at Lilith Fair, the Sundance Film Festival and the White House.
Ginny and I discuss the importance of holding on to faith despite our circumstances. In the face of hardships outside of her control, Owens adapted and overcame. She relies on the truth in scripture and the songs sung in seasons of darkness to inspire and encourage others. In the interview, she drives home crucial points about the strength we find in a relationship with Jesus, our response to life’s challenges, and the sufficiency of the Lord to meet our every need.
- “Jesus is our best friend.”
- “Believe His strength is our only hope.”
- “His voice has to be the loudest thing in our hearts.”
- “His song has to be the thing that’s on repeat.”
- “Being honest about our weakness helps us to form true strength.”
- “Whether you can see or not, we all face some sort of darkness.”
- “Who do we want more than God and why?”
- “What does it mean for us to look to Him as our true source and to praise Him no matter what is going on?”
- “I will keep saying what my mind knows is true and finally my heart is going to catch up.”
- “Come to Him. He is everything we need.”
- “No matter what kind of fire we’re walking through, He wants to hold us through it.”
Ginny’s website: https://ginnyowens.com/home/
Connect with Ginny on Social Media!
Thank you for listening to the By His Grace podcast today. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. Sharing is caring and we’d love for you to leave us a review.