In this episode of By His Grace, I had the incredible opportunity to interview Robert Fergusson, the teaching pastor at Hillsong Church. Robert Fergusson is one of the key team at Hillsong Church, where he has been on staff for over 30 years. He is passionate about imparting practical life principles from the Bible and his primary responsibilities involve pastoral oversight and preaching and teaching. Robert is married to Amanda; they have three married children and currently seven grandchildren.
If Fergusson were to tell you a story, whether from a church platform or in the confines of the seat next to you on an airplane, you would undoubtedly listen – and undeniably be changed. That’s because he has been effectively telling stories for the past 45 years and believes that there is a priceless significance gained when you discern and absorb the age-old practice.
We discuss the heart of storytelling, the methodology that he uses in teaching communications, and his new book, “Are You Getting This? Teaching, Preaching, and Storytelling.”
- “We are qualified by the grace of God.”
- “A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.”
- “Anyone can be used by God to speak.”
- Robert’s book: https://www.amazon.com/Are-Getting-This-Robert-Fergusson/dp/1922411019/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Connect with Robert on Social Media!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robertfergussonteaching/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RobertFergussonTeaching/
Thank you for listening to the By His Grace podcast today. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. Sharing is caring and we’d love for you to leave us a review.
Connect with Misty on Social Media!