In this episode of the By His Grace podcast, Anne Watson and I discuss facing critics, handling our inner critic, and the importance of loving ourselves as Jesus commands us to.
- “When you begin getting critics is actually when you know that you are stirring the waters, that you’re making a difference, you’re making an impact, you’re having influence because you are creating emotion in people.”
- “If I loved myself, how would I respond in this situation?”
- “If you would not talk to somebody else that way, don’t talk to yourself that way.”
- “Love God, love your neighbor, love yourself.”
- “The whole Bible is a love letter to us. We have to start by believing it.”
- “We have to give ourselves permission to shake it off.”
- “If Jesus can’t escape the critics, neither can we.”
Anne’s website: https://annemwatson.com
Matthew 10:4, Matthew 10:15, Luke 9:5, Mark 6:11
Connect with Anne on Social Media!
Thank you for listening to the By His Grace podcast today. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. Sharing is caring and we’d love for you to leave us a review.