In this episode of By His Grace, I sit down with Ruth and Patrick Schwenk to discuss God’s faithfulness through the storms of life, We discuss stewarding suffering well, the lessons that God has taught Ruth and Patrick through suffering. Highlighlights of our conversation includes how lamenting leads us to God, and how community helps us in times of struggle.
Patrick is a husband, father, and pastor, and Ruth is a wife, mom, and blogger. They are the co-authors of the brand new book, “In a Boat in the Middle of the Lake.” Patrick and Ruth are the founders of ForTheFamily.org and TheBetterMom.com, and the hosts of the brand new podcast Rootlike Faith.
- “Storms have a way of exposing what we really believe about God.”
- “As much as we lose in suffering, there is a lot that we gain.”
- “An honest spirituality is a healthy spirituality.”
- “We all enter suffering suddenly, but we have to move through it slowly.”
- “When you know you are loved, you can walk through anything.”
- “We have the hope of eternal life with Jesus and nothing is better than that.”
- In a Boat in the Middle of a Lake: Trusting the God Who Meets Us In Our Storm: https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Middle-Lake-Trusting-Meets/dp/1400216877
- 30 Scriptures for Hope During Hard Times: https://www.rootlikefaith.com/boatbook-30-scriptures-hope-during-hard-times
Advent Bible studies that you will love!
- For You, Love: https://www.amazon.com/You-Love-Advent-Collection/dp/1977535429/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0
- Shadow and Light: https://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Light-Journey-into-Advent/dp/0736980601
- Pursuing the Christ: https://www.amazon.com/Pursuing-Christ-Jennifer-Kennedy-Dean/dp/1563090856/ref=sr_1_1_nodl
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: https://www.amazon.com/Come-Emmanuel-Advent-Study/dp/1087715717/ref=sr_1_1
- The Dawning of Indestructible Joy: https://www.amazon.com/Dawning-Indestructible-Joy-Readings-Advent-ebook/dp/B00IFG0902
Connect with Ruth and Patrick on Social Media!
- Website: https://www.rootlikefaith.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/patrickwschwenk/ and https://www.instagram.com/ruthschwenk/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PatrickSchwenk and https://twitter.com/thebettermom
Thank you for listening to the By His Grace podcast today. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. Sharing is caring and we’d love for you to leave us a review.