In this episode of By His Grace, Misty Phillip sits down with Brittany Braswell, Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN), eating disorder coach, and author of Faith Over Fear.
Brittany has a passion for helping women of all ages discover their God-given worth and value. She believes that a person’s identity cannot be based on his or her appearance or abilities, but can only be found in the Lord. She is a non-diet dietitian who approaches nutrition and wellness from a holistic standpoint, focusing on four main areas of health, including physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional.
- Starting with what you believe about food and about who you are.
- You have to include the Lord in the process and know that you’re not grounded and you’re not identified based on your body size, that can only come from the Lord.
- The biggest thing in improving our relationship with food is letting go of control, inviting the Lord into the process, and letting him take over.
- It is so important for us to be in a community because when we are going through struggles they feel so very alone.
- Do not use the words “good” and “bad” in relation to food, instead use “beneficial”. Remove comparisons and instead focus on how food can benefit you.
Follow Brittany on Social Media!
Thank you for listening to the By His Grace podcast today. Be sure to follow, so you don’t miss an episode. Sharing is caring, and we’d love for you to leave us a review.