In this episode of the By His Grace podcast, I chat with my friend, Joël Malm about overcoming anger from a Biblical perspective. Joël is the author of the recently published book, “Love Slows Down: How to Keep Anger and Anxiety from Ruining Life’s Relationships. He is also the host of the Malm Podcast, a show in which he and his father discuss life lessons from his father. Joël shows us how to conquer worry, fear, anger, and anxiety by slowing down and responding in love.
On the show, Joël teaches us that anger can come from a threat to one of three different things:
- Connection with others
- Control of life’s circumstances
He gives three tips for handling anger:
- Let it go
- Find time for solitude
- Walk in community with others
- “Anger isn’t a sin. It’s a sign pointing you to an area of life that you haven’t yet surrendered to the Lord.”
- “We were made from love, made for love, and called to return to His love. Because of Jesus, we have direct access to that.”
- “Gratitude is the foundation for mental health.”
- “If Jesus had to go away to pray and be with the Father, how much more do we need to do the same?”
- Purchase a copy of Joël’s book here: Loves Slows Down:
- Listen to Joël’s podcast: Malm Podcast
- Visit Joël’s website: Joël Malm
Connect with Joël Malm on Social Media!
Thanks so much for listening to the By His Grace Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode please consider sharing with a friend or on social media. We always appreciate reviews wherever you listen to podcasts and look forward to connecting with you on social media.
Much Love, Misty