In today’s episode, Misty Phillip sits with Rachael Gilbert to discuss body image and her new book Image Restored: Tear Down Shame and Insecurity to Experience a Body Image Renovation.
About Rachael Gilbert
Rachael Gilbert is an author and podcast host with a Master’s in Marriage & Family Therapy. I am now a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate with a private practice in Lewisville, Tx. The real Talk with Rachael podcast aims to bridge the gap between mental and emotional health and faith.
Are you tired of being at war with your body—and your thoughts about your body? As a fitness instructor, Rachael Gilbert struggled with shame when she didn’t measure up to her dream body image. Then, as a licensed counselor, she realized how many of us bury the same painful insecurities. We need restoration from the inside out.
In Image RESTored, Rachael offers professional guidance, coloring pages, Scripture, prayers, journaling prompts, and teaching videos to help you experience true freedom. See your whole self in a new way as you learn:
- A biblical perspective on eating, fitness, and godly self-confidence.
- Tools for overcoming comparison and trauma.
- How to reframe stories that formed your attitude toward your body.
- Counselor-inspired strategies to help you appreciate how God made you.
- Ways to use thoughts and feelings, so they help you rather than sabotage you.
Rich with spiritual and therapeutic insights, this Christian body image workbook calls us to experience healing and wellness that grounds us in God’s love and builds us up in truth.
As a thank you for preordering, you will receive access to the Image Restored Private Pop-up Podcast!
- A private, weekly five-minute encouragement
- Q & A with Rachael
- Filled with the main concepts from the book for an inside-out approach to restoring body image
- Audio recordings of strong foundation verses
- Runs from January to March 2023
In addition, you will receive other free downloads, coupon codes from Rachael’s favorite companies, and more!