This week on the By His Grace podcast Misty Phillip is joined by Dr. Michelle Bengston to discuss how we can have peace in these difficult days. Michelle shares that worry, fear, and anxiety are not are portion. Michelle addresses this from her clinical experience as well as her own struggle with anxiety.
This is a power-packed episode and Michelle shares some incredible wisdom and practical tips.
- We have to be intentional about addressing anxiety.
- Worry seeps and anxiety creeps, and we need to deal with our feelings and thoughts or when a crisis happens it explodes.
- We can choose God’s peace over our anxious thoughts.
- The misappropriation of our thoughts drive a physiological response.
- We need to slow down and pay attention to our thoughts and then take them captive.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help us identify where we are not believing God.
- Aligning your thoughts with God’s truth, and preaching to ourselves.
- We are either listening to the voice of the enemy or the voice of truth.
- Rebuke the lies and replace them with the truth.
- Our feelings are the outward manifestation of what we believe.
- We don’t have a spirit of fear, and we can break the cycle of fear in our lives.
- Breaking anxiety with the acronym T.R.U.S.T.
Dr. Michelle Bengston is a board-certified clinical neuropsychologist with more than 20 years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and mental disorders in children, adults, and seniors. She has been in private practice for more than a decade of that time. Speaker, author, and doctor, Michelle is also a woman—a wife, mother, and friend. She has experienced her share of trouble and trials and knows the pain of losing someone she loves as well as the despair that can follow trauma or illness.
Combining her professional expertise and personal experience with her faith, Dr. Bengtson is on a mission to instill hope in the hearts of others. Everyone goes through hard times, but you are not alone. Michelle knows hope is the key to the survival of your soul. Dr. Michelle Bengtson provides sound practical tools, affirms worth, and encourages faith. She instills hope to unlock joy and relief—even in the middle of the storm.
Thank you for listening to the By His Grace Podcast please tell your friends about the By His Grace podcast and share your favorite episode on social media and tag #ByHisGracePodcast.
You may also enjoy related episodes.